Sunday, July 13, 2014

Letting Go

When is enough enough?
How much must we cry and grieve and anguish over the mistakes of the past? When is it time to let go?
Why does it hurt like this? Why is pain not the cure?

I am of a mind to give it up.
Give it all away. I'm sorry. I don't think I'm strong enough to stay.

I don't want to let go, but I've fallen.
I've gone over the edge. Gone over the edge and I'm falling down.
I'm screaming- does no one hear me?
I'm here and I'm crying out! I'm crying out! I'm crying out!
I'm letting go

Take my yesterdays.
Unwind these memories. Take away the fear that paralyzes me.
Take my suffering. Pain is not the remedy.  I'm still searching for the cure.

Just when I'm of a mind to give up.
You come to show me the way. You make me strong enough to say

I am letting go. Yes, I've fallen.
I've gone over the edge. Gone over the edge and I'm falling down.
I'm screaming- do you hear me?
I'm here and I'm crying out! I'm crying out! I'm crying out!

I'm falling into you. Giving you my life. Taking up my faith.  And, finally, with my soul laid bare- I'm letting go...

And it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment